Yahoo India has unveiled a brand new homepage available across smart phones, tablets and PCs. The new Yahoo Homepage, launched in six countries, including India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, and Vietnam, makes it easier for the users to discover all the content they care about - right here on one page from any device of their choice.
The navigation has been made navigation simpler and one can browse top stories, check email, keep a tab on stocks, see photos, check the weather or even find out what the stars have in store.
The user can browse at his/ her convenience and choose to read, save-for-later or delete from view – making the whole experience personal. One can directly access the Weather forecast, Flickr photos, stocks on Yahoo Finance, and astrological forecasts for the day from utility apps hosted on the homepage.
Here’s what’s new:
• Easy-to-use with a modern and intuitive experience
• A cleaner design that’s easy to navigate
• More information in less space (surfacing headlines and summaries in an easy to read snapshot)
• Ease of use with the familiar search box, quick links to Yahoo properties and the ever popular Today Module in a larger view
• Fresh, infinite stream of content offering most popular stories
• An a virtually endless stream of content across news, sports, celebrity stories, entertainment and lifestyle
• Personalised view of your content stream and utility apps
• The stream of news also offers you choice – whether to read, ‘save for later’ or delete the story from your view making the experience more personal
• New utility apps including Yahoo Weather, Finance, Flickr that’s available right on the homepage can be customized according to user preference
• Facebook integration allows you to see your friends’ upcoming birthdays, on the Homepage itself
• Fast and available across devices
• Find all that you are interested in – news, mail, sports, photos, friends – on one single page
• Seamless experience across desktop, tablets and smart phones giving you the choice to continue enjoying Yahoo from anywhere