Paytm best payment wallet followed by Freecharge; Amazon.in most preferred for hassle-free deliveries: CashKaro survey
CashKaro.com has released results of its annual survey titled ‘E-Shopping Revelations 2016’. The survey, which reports the ever evolving preferences and behaviuor of online shoppers in 2016, was conducted at a pan-India level and registered more than thousand respondents.
Swati Bhargava, Co-founder, CashKaro.com, commented, “As one of the largest affiliate sites in India, we are in a unique position to talk about the e-commerce ecosystem and what drives consumers to shop online more. CashKaro survey is a reflection of how buying habits of the Indian online shopper are changing and increasing importance of softer aspects like fast delivery, prompt customer service, discounts and cashbacks. 2016 was an eventful year for Indian e-commerce. The advent of subscription based services like Amazon Prime, Flipkart First, Snapdeal Gold etc. helped in enhancing shopping experience while Cashback offers became mainstream. Post demonetisation, we saw a great increase in the use of payment wallets and also witnessed an increased number of users using Cashback sites like CashKaro to save on their daily transactions.”
According to some of the key findings of the survey, Amazon.in offers the quickest and hassle-free delivery followed by Flipkart while Flipkart was rated the most preferred site for best for Customer Care Service followed by Amazon.in.
For paying bils and recharge, payment wallets Paytm, Freecharge and Mobikwik were the top 3 winners in that order.
Other key findings of the survey were:
- 75% of respondents felt Bank Card offers add value to the overall Sales and Discounts. Compared to 2015, Bank Card offers played a more important role in influencing buying decisions in 2016 and the discounts were also greater.
- 59% of respondents think Gift Cards is a better and convenient way to gift someone.
- 50% users feel Brand Videos/Ads have a positive impact on their purchasing decision.
- 60% of users like receiving offers from e-commerce sites on their Social Media accounts like Facebook, Twitter
- 55% of respondents agree that Subscription based services like Amazon Prime, Flipkart First, Snapdeal Gold etc. enhance online shopping experience though 20% said they would not subscribe to the same.
- Compared to last year, 75% have started shopping for daily items/groceries more online now.
- Desktop is still the most preferred platform to shop online with 60% of the respondents using the same. Though with increased use of smartphones, 40% of the respondents are transacting via mobile now.
Our typical marketing budget is usually 10 per cent of the topline spend
There are some forces impacting the way our business works. The IT/ITeS sector has changed tremendously. Platforms like Twitter have made everyone journalists. Smartphones have made everyone a photographer. The trend that we are seeing is one of hyperdigitalization, which is causing the lines between product and services to blur. For example, <a href=http://www.exchange4media.com/company/news/amaz...
The OOH sector is among the fastest growing, globally. Brands and marketers have realized its potential and impact and begun to craft medium-specific adverts. Self-regulation is not only necessary but also essential to growth of the sector. The industry needs to exercise a certain level of this self-restraint to prove its commitment to maintaining the best standards in advertising.
<b>Clients are looking for experiential solutions beyond radio or print: Abraham Thomas, Radio City 91.1 FM</b><br><br> From entering new markets to launching large format events, Radio City 91.1FM has been on a roll. The radio channel recently announced the launch of India’s biggest singing talent hunt-Radio City Super Singer Season 8. Earlier this year, the channel set up its own creative-cum...
The interesting animated rap music video encapsulates Droom’s ecosystem tools and their role in facilitating second-hand automobile transactions
Perfumes are invisible and these new ads from Skinn create a story out of this
New campaign aims at first-time users by providing ‘first-night free’ – a first-ever offering by the brand on online hotels booking