The impact Roundtable conference, held in Mumbai on July 31, turned the spotlight on ‘advergaming’. Over the last few years there has been a significant increase in the use of wireless devices as also broadband Internet in India. With 3G services slated to be introduced in the country soon, the digital medium is poised for bigger things.
Though at a nascent stage, advergaming is beginning to make its presence felt. The impact Roundtable stressed that now was the right time to innovate and demonstrate the value of this medium to the brands. This would help in the growth of in-game advertising or advergaming further.
The theme of the impact Roundtable was ‘Winning customers with in-game advertising.’ The participants at the Roundtable included, Karl Gomes, NCD – Digital, Rediffusion Y&R; Raghav Anand, Sector Leader – New Media and Convergence, Ernst & Young; Akshay Garg, Co-founder, Komli Media; Hrishi Oberoi, Studio Director, Indiagames; Manoj Malkani, VP, MPG; and Mahesh Murthy, Founder and CEO, Pinstorm. The session was moderated by Pradyuman Maheshwari, Group Chief Editor, exchange4media.
Highlights of the Roundtable:
• The discussion touched on the factors that will drive the growth of advergaming in India.
• Mobile gaming: How profitable is the business for operators and media owners.
• How receptive are media planners to this medium.
• The roadblocks - Where do we stand in comparison to other key markets?
• Measurability, visibility and reach
• Apprehensions of marketers and media buyers
Watch out for a more comprehensive coverage and the outcome of the discussions on exchange4media.com on Monday, August 3, 2009.