Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder and CEO of Paytm, took home the IMPACT Person of the Year, 2016. Sharma was given the award for revolutionizing the digital ecosystem and financial technology, driving them to altogether new heights of excellence with his innovations and building Paytm into a global brand.
The other nominees for the award this year were Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog, Govt. of India; Baba Ramdev & Acharya Balkrishna of Patanjali; Bhavish Aggarwal, Founder & CEO of Ola Cabs; Shashi Sinha, CEO of IPG Mediabrands & CVL Srinivas, CEO of GroupM, South Asia (joint nomination).
IMPACT Person of the Year, 2016 had Colors as the presenting partner, and was powered by Sony Liv. The associate partners were 9X, SAB Group and Sakal Media Group, while the co-partners were Firstpost, DNA and Godrej Properties.
Before the IPOY award was presented, there was a special felicitation for IPOY nominees Shashi Sinha, CEO of IPG Mediabrands India and CVL Srinivas, CEO of GroupM South Asia, for their great contribution towards improving the measurement matrics across the TV and Print industry and leading the initiative for policy change in this direction with their service to industry bodies such as BARC, IBF, ABC, IRS and MRUC. Shashi Sinha went up on stage to receive the felicitation.
Here are glimpses from the glittering gala event that concluded last night.
1. Actor Anil Kapoor, Chief Guest, speaks at IMPACT Person of the Year Award 2016 at ITC Grand Central, Mumbai
2. Annurag Batra, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of exchange4media Group felicitates Anil Kapoor
3. Anil Kapoor reads out the name of the winner
4. Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder and CEO of Paytm, is presented with the IMPACT Person of the Year 2016 award. L to R - Raj Nayak of Viacom 18, Annurag Batra, Anil Kapoor, Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Venugopal Dhoot, Punit Goenka, Nawal Ahuja
5. Raj Nayak presents the citation for the IMPACT Person of the Year 2016 Award to Vijay Shekhar Sharma as Anil Kapoor looks on
6. Vijay Shekhar Sharma speaks after receiving the award
7. Annurag Batra, Vijay Shekhar Sharma and Anil Kapoor
8. Raj Nayak addresses the audience
9. Shashi Sinha is felicitated by Anil Kapoor, as Raj Nayak of Viacom18, Annurag Batra of exchange4media Group, Venugopal Dhoot of Videocon, Punit Goenka of ZEEL and Nawal Ahuja of exchange4media Group look on
10. Shashi Sinha speaks after being felicitated for his work to improve the process of Print and TV audience measurement across the industry
11. Venu Gopal Dhoot of Videocon, Guest of Honour, speaks
12. Annurag Batra, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of the exchange4media Group, in conversation with Vijay Shekhar Sharma