Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Advertising >> Article

Yahoo! India looking at multiple revenue system

02-October-2001
Font Size   16
Yahoo! India looking at multiple revenue system

YAHOO! India’s portal, yahoo.co.in, is slowly moving from a pure online advertising focused revenue stream to a multiple revenue stream. In the coming months Yahoo India plans to launch a slew of paid services like mail services for corporates, domain name registrations, e-commerce model as well as services focused on the mobile users.

In a year’s time, the company expects to generate at least 40 per cent of revenue from new revenue streams and the rest (60 per cent) from online advertising and marketing. Presently, the company draws 100 per cent of its revenues alone from online advertising and marketing.

Services for mobile users will hover around information services like horoscope, weather forecasts, stocks and financial services. Yahoo India has already tied up exclusively with Hutchison for Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Gujarat. All Hutchison users, at present can access Yahoo messenger which is best described as a two-way (from PC to mobile and mobile to mobile) chatting solution using short messaging service or SMS.

Yahoo India also plans to launch its e-commerce model in another six months. The company, which has offices in Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai, is also setting up an office in Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad in the next 3 months.

Yahoo has also tied up with 6 event agencies for a campaign on the net for promoting the Yahoo! brand among cyber-cafe visitors. At present, these agencies are running Yahoo! brand promotion in 2800 cafes in 14 cities.

Tags

Exchange4media interacted with Jaspreet Chandok, Vice President and Head (Fashion) , IMG Reliance Pvt. Ltd on seamless brands integrations planned for Lakme Fashion Week, walking tall despite blazing trails like GST, demonetization and being a part of the larger cultural space

Their strategy to educate the consumers to make well informed decisions at all stages has worked out well.

Bobby Pawar, MD, CCO - South Asia, Publicis India, talks about his idea of chilling out

The Managing Editor of Public TV gives insights about the struggle the Kannada news channel endured during its nascent stage and what led them forward to the second position that they occupy right now in what is a rather crowded marketplace

The unveiling of the Pitch Madison Advertising Report 2018 event was held on February 15, 2018. Over the years, the report has become a benchmark in the industry. Here are some pictures from the event...

Exchange4media interacted with Jaspreet Chandok, Vice President and Head (Fashion) , IMG Reliance Pvt. Ltd on seamless brands integrations planned for Lakme Fashion Week, walking tall despite blazing...

Jake Dyson, Chief Engineer and Member of the Dyson board, spoke about the innovations and technology that they plan to bring to India