Effie Worldwide and Warc, a global marketing intelligence service, revealed the global results of the Effie Effectiveness Index today. Launched in 2011, the Effie Index recognises the architects of the most effective marketing communications ideas from around the world.
After analysing finalist and winner data from 39 worldwide Effie competitions from the past year, following are the results for Asia Pacific:
• Unilever is the most effective advertiser
• McDonald's is the most effective brand
• Omnicom Group is the most effective advertising holding company
• Ogilvy & Mather is the most effective agency network
• Ogilvy & Mather (Mumbai) is the most effective agency office
• Happy Soldiers (Sydney) is the most effective independent agency
“The 2012 Effie Index rankings clearly demonstrate the global shifts in business performance over the past year,” said Matt Seiler, Effie Worldwide Chairman of the Board and Global CEO of IPG Mediabrands. “As an industry, we should be using this invaluable tool to identify the year’s best performers, and learn how their best practices can make us better marketers in the future,” he added.
Most effective marketers in Asia Pacific: 2012 Effie Effectiveness Index
The top three advertisers, brands, advertising holding companies, agency networks, and agency offices in Asia Pacific are as follows:
• Most Effective Advertisers, APAC: Unilever, McDonald’s and Cadbury
• Most Effective Brands, APAC: McDonald's, a second place tie between Frucor Beverages NZ, Dove and Cadbury Dairy Milk
• Most Effective Advertising Holding Companies, APAC: Omnicom Group, WPP Group, Interpublic (IPG)
• Most Effective Agency Networks, APAC: Ogilvy & Mather, DDB Worldwide, BBDO Worldwide
• Most Effective Agency Offices, APAC: Ogilvy & Mather (Mumbai), Colenso BBDO, DDB China Group
• Most Effective Independent Agencies, APAC: Happy Soldiers, and a second place tie between Contract Advertising India and Taproot India
Most Effective Marketers in the World: 2012 Effie Effectiveness Index
Topping the overall Effie Index rankings on a global level, Unilever is the most effective advertiser, McDonald's is the most effective brand, for the second year in a row, WPP Group is the most effective advertising holding company and Ogilvy & Mather is the most effective advertising agency network.
Ogilvy & Mather (Mumbai) is the most effective individual agency office and McKinney (Durham, NC, USA) is the most effective independently held advertising agency.
The Effie Index ranking system rewards Effie winners and Effie finalists.
Matthew Coombs, Publishing Director, Warc said, “The Effie Effectiveness Index has caught the attention and interest of the global marketing community. It has become a valuable resource for choosing marketing partners and for learning who is best at creating ideas that deliver results.”