TODAY´S NEWS

McCann Healthcare Advertising bags USV’s skincare account

McCann Healthcare Advertising bags USV’s skincare account

Author | exchange4media Mumbai Bureau | Wednesday, Oct 10,2007 8:01 AM

A+
AA
A-
McCann Healthcare Advertising bags USV’s skincare account

McCann Healthcare Advertising has bagged the creative duties for the soon-to-be-launched ‘scientific skincare’ range of Mumbai-based USV Limited. The win follows a multi-agency pitch. The other two agencies in the fray were RK Swamy BBDO and Mudra. The size of the account could not be ascertained at the time of filing the report.

Commenting on the account win, Rana Bawa, VP and GM, McCann Healthcare Worldwide, said, “The key communication challenge that faces the skincare category is to talk to both -- the person in the patient and the patient in the person. And given USV’s market and marketing strength, we feel we can successfully achieve both for this brand.”

The USV product range includes products for cleansing and skincare, acne and acne prone skin, anti-ageing and baby products. The products will be targetted at the premium segment in the skincare category. The skincare segment in India is worth Rs 1,500 crore and growing at 15-20 per cent. Premium range constitutes 30 per cent of the market, while mass products account for the remaining 70 per cent.

On the decision to have McCann Healthcare handle its medicinal skincare range, Leena Gandhi Tewari, Chairperson, USV, said, “McCann Healthcare has a good team in place. We have earlier worked with them and feel confident that they will help us position ourselves in the highly competitive skincare market in India.”

Tags: e4m

Write A Comment