Sneha Iype Varma
Jury Member of Film Craft Lions
Executive Producer, Founding Partner, Nirvana Films, India
Five things that Sneha Iype Varma looks forward to as a Cannes Juror
1) Meeting some very bright and interesting people – Being on the Film Craft jury is pretty much the highlight of my career so far and I am hoping to meet some very bright minds on the jury. I hope that we have a great time judging some fantastic work and are able to debate and discuss with great honesty why some piece should make it to the most coveted advertising award.
2) I hope to also get some sleep – From what I hear it’s going to be long days of judging and long nights of partying! I will live to tell how I balanced the two, post the weeklong stint.
3) Watching some fantastic work – I hope that we have some great entries from the world over. With each year, I hope we can raise the bar and put out some stunning ideas and pieces of work that make us feel proud as an industry, irrespective of where the work comes from. Of course, one hopes that India also has some pieces of medal in the final tally across categories.
4) All the parties and awards function – It’s a great way to meet people even from our own country. Especially being away in Bangalore, one hardly gets to meet up with fellow industry people, so I am looking forward to just catching up with friends.
5) Getting away from my routine – It will just be amazing to be on the French Riviera, away from the hustle bustle, traffic and the normal routine of things. A week of indulgence and fun...so looking forward to a change.
More on Varma...
Sneha Iype Varma is the Executive Producer and Founding Partner of Nirvana Films. She started her career in 1997 with Ogilvy as a film executive and later joined Trends Ad-Film Makers as a Director. Varma took on the role of Producer and partnered with director Prakash Varma in 2001, to form Nirvana Films.
As the Executive Producer, Varma is the main contact point for agencies and clients to help liaison and execute film projects with Nirvana Films. She deals with budgeting, team delegation and co-ordination on all aspects pertaining to the prep, shoot and post-production stages of a film project.
Under her leadership, Nirvana Films has been rated as one of the best production houses in India. In fact, it was been voted the number one production house in India in the Brand Equity survey for the year 2009 and 2010 consecutively.
Nirvana has made films that have appealed to large audiences and have been received with great appreciation by the Indian and international advertising industry. Varma's vision and leadership qualities have helped propel the company toward producing work of unsurpassed quality and creativity consistently.
Nirvana has won several reputed awards in the past few years, including Gold and Silver at Cannes Lion and The London International Awards. Varma has been actively involved in giving Prakash Varma a global presence, and now he is represented on the panel of Directors at The Institute in LA, a production company run by Hollywood director Michael Bay. Under her vision, Nirvana now runs two offices in India with several directors on its books. In the past few years, Nirvana has garnered a position that only makes its resolve to deliver original and inspiring work even stronger.
The Film Craft Lions category has eight jury members apart from the Jury President, Espen Horn, Executive Producer, Motion Blur.