Jury Member of Radio Lions
National Creative Director, Everest Brand Solutions, India
Five things that Rahul Jauhari looks forward to as a Cannes Juror
1. Looking all important and making serious points on the global radio advertising standards.
2. Bonding with fellow Indians more than we ever bond here in the country. You know all that 'nationalistic' fervour that happens in ‘phoren’ lands...
3. Feeling like a third world citizen every time we shell out Euros and do mental math on the Rupee equivalent.
4. Piling on to a large-hearted senior Indian contingent member who will happily sponsor all our drinks.
5. Hopefully running into some network bloke who intends to start a well-funded agency in India soon.
More on Jauhari...
Rahul Jauhari, National Creative Director of Everest Brand Solutions, is an engineering student who turned copywriter the day he got out of college.
He has worked across McCann Erickson, Rediffusion YR, Lintas and, for the most time, has been associated with the YR Group. Over the years he has worked on some of the biggest Indian and international brands and businesses. The list includes Airtel, Tata, Gillette, Bridgestone, Volvo, Microsoft, General Motors, Reckitt & Colman, Virgin Atlantic, Franklin Templeton and Maruti Suzuki, to name a few.
His work has won him much metal in Indian awards shows over the years. His international awards include a Gold at Cannes and One Show mentions. He is a familiar face on the Indian jury panel at GoaFest.
Jauhari is an avid blogger, gizmo-freak and self-confessed wannabe photographer all rolled into one.
The Radio Lions category has 15 jury members apart from the Jury President, Rob McLennan, Executive Creative Director, Network BBDO, South Africa.