Jury Member of Creative Effectiveness Lions
Joint Managing Director, Chief Marketing Officer, Parle Agro, India
Five things that Nadia Chauhan looks forward to as a Cannes Juror
1) Looking forward to seeing some amazing work from around the globe. Since I'm judging the Creative Effectiveness Category, being exposed to brands from different countries, the unique challenges that they are faced with and the creative yet strategic approach towards overcoming those challenges and achieving business goals is extremely exciting. It's an exposure to the markets of different countries, an exposure to multiple industries and an array of business challenges. All of which is extremely exciting.
2) Since I've already networked with a few of the other jury members, I'm looking forward to meeting up with them and spending five intensive days reviewing work from around the world. Sharing my own perspective on each of the work we are reviewing and hearing everyone else's perspective. This I'm sure is going to be a very interesting experience.
3) I'm looking forward to coming back to India with a lot of energy, inspiration and exposure which I'm sure will come from not just the judging experience, but also from all the work and the creativity you are drenched in while at Cannes Lions.
4) Since I've got a number of people from my organisation also travelling for the festival, I'm looking forward to seeing how they absorb all that they hear and see there and how they convert those ideas, thoughts and exposure into strong inspiration to help them think beyond convention!
5) Looking forward to showing my daughter around Cannes, since this would be her first time there and spending some good quality time with her.
More on Chauhan...
The word ‘youngest’ has long been used to describe Nadia Chauhan Kurup’s achievements over the years. Well, that was bound to happen because, at age 11, she was attending board meetings at her father’s office, Parle Agro. Chauhan took her first steps in the corporate world when kids her age were busy playing hopscotch. Soon, she was the youngest brand manager, the youngest sales and marketing head, the youngest CMO and is currently, amongst the youngest JMDs in India.
Her achievements can be quantified. She has taken the company from Rs 400 cr to Rs 2000 cr in the last five years, delivering double-digit growth every single year. She has driven diversification – getting Parle Agro from being only a beverage major to being a leader in both food and beverage. She has launched new brands creating them from scratch and successfully revitalised the old ones. She restructured the company’s business model to make it high-growth oriented. Parle Agro, in fact, is looking at growing by over 60 per cent this year.
But, numbers aren’t what deconstructing Chauhan would leave you with. It’s the way that she goes about her business that’s most inspiring. She’s progressive in her thinking and in her doing. She never takes up anything that doesn’t make her nervous. And she has a simple formula when it comes to marketing: work without a formula.
Chauhan’s ambitions are clear. She wants to make Parle Agro the No. 1 FMCG company in India. Her passion for business is unwavering, and her commitment, unquestionable. Her plans are in place too. Innovation is what she believes drives Parle Agro and gives it the status it enjoys today. Innovation is also what drives her own self. She’s constantly looking to change things around and do the un-thought of. Today, at 26, she knows that she has come a long way from the summer vacations she spent at her dad’s office. But, what she’s more aware of and looking forward to is the long and exciting journey that awaits her.
The Creative Effectiveness Lions category has 15 jury members apart from the Jury President, David Jones, Global CEO, Havas and Euro RSCG Worldwide and Co-Founder, One Young World.