Jury Member of Design Lions
Principal Designer, Creative Head, Studio ABD, India
Five things that Abhijit Bansod looks forward to as a Cannes Juror
1. I would like to see how designers have pushed the boundaries of creativity in an age where digital media is getting seamlessly fused with physical reality.
2. Design is about material innovation – visual or tactile – bending the stereotypes and creating magic, a surprise with new materials...I am looking forward to see lot of it.
3. Connect with end users and see how design is celebrated in a user’s life, cultural backgrounds and global language.
4. Cultural, heritage influences – Look closely at how do we celebrate, where do we come from, local nuances, techniques, systems, etc.
5. Fun at work – If you have joy at work, it shows in design, shows open-mind culture to embrace new experiences.
More on Bansod...
Abhijit Bansod, a postgraduate from the National Institute of Design in Ahmedabad, is part of the new-age design movement in India. After a decade of experience with Titan Design Studio, he founded Studio ABD in 2008 to create an open platform to discover new facets of contemporary Indian design.
Bansod believes in celebrating creativity that combines fragments of Indian tradition with cutting-edge technology, and fuses cultural motifs and new-age thinking. He conjures up sophisticated products that resonate with India’s rich past. Propelled by humour, craft, rituals, people, situations and heritage of India, he creates products that speak a unique language – an Indian design vocabulary.
Dedicated to creating a whole and sustainable design experience for the users, Studio ABD focuses on fine-tuning details and expressing design all the way from product to packaging. Studio ABD’s portfolio includes designing consumer products, packaging, branding, spaces and luxury experiences through lifestyle products. Studio ABD's work has won more than twenty national and international design awards including the Young Creative Entrepreneur (YCE) 2011 by the British Council, RED DOT Design Award 2010 (Germany) and Designer of the Year Award (India) in 2008.
The Design Lions category has 20 jury members apart from the Jury President, Bruce Duckworth, Creative Director, Turner Duckworth.