Kaushik Roy, President - Brand Strategy & Marketing Communication, Reliance Industries Ltd, was unanimously re-elected for the second term as President of the India Chapter of the International Advertising Association (IAA-IC) for the year 2011-12 at its annual general meeting held in Mumbai.
In his first terms as president, Roy had successfully launched India’s first Green Award – Olive Crown for creative excellence in communicating sustainability. With its heightened level of activities, the IAA-IC also conducted a seminar on the agency of the future, entitled ‘Agency 2.5’ by Tim Williams of the US.
Srinivasan K Swamy, Chairman & Managing Director, RK Swamy BBDO Pvt Ltd, who was the Honorary Secretary of the India Chapter of IAA for the past two years, is the new Vice President.
The new managing committee includes:
• MG Parameswaran as Hon. Secretary
• Jaideep Gandhi as Hon.Treasurer
• Sam Balsara (Member)
• Ramesh Narayan (Member)
• Avinash Pandey (Member)
• KunalLalani (Member)
• Neeraj Roy (Co-opted Member)
• Dr Bhaskar Das (Member)
• Raj Nayak (Ex officio) Immediate Past President
• Pheroza Bilimoria (Special Invitee) Global Hon Secretary and Member of the World Board
• Pradeep Guha (Special Invitee) Global VP and Area Director, Asia Pacific and Member of the World Board
Spread over 56 Chapters in 76 countries with over 4,000 members worldwide, the IAA champions advertising as a force for growth in all free market societies. It believes that advertising revenues ensure an independent, pluralistic, affordable media with competing channels of information for consumers, which are the foundation of democracy itself.