CVL Srinivas, Managing Director, LiquidThread (APAC) & Chairman Starcom MediaVest Group (India), points out the seven mistakes in media planning that ruin a campaign.
1. Not understanding the key consumer insight that has implications for media and messaging.
2. Not understanding the brand insights that can help create a differentiated media strategy for the brand
3. Being divorced from the creative strategy and not even seeing the creatives that will be run
4. Over-reliance on databases, tools, optimisers which kill creativity
5. Not understanding the client’s business, the key drivers for their growth and the role of media for their brands
6. Not taking into account the power of digital media and branded content but sticking to the traditional media channels and ad-formats
7. Not setting success measures or building a strong feedback loop to help evaluate the campaign
IMPACT Annv Spl: Vikram Sakhuja on 7 big media bets
IMPACT Annv Spl: Shashi Sinha on 7 reasons why media industry will do well