The shortlist for the Creative Abbys at GoaFest 2010 has been announced. This year, a total of 571 entries have made it to the shortlist. The agencies that have a high number of shortlists include Ogilvy India, Mudra Group, Leo Burnett India, Publicis Communications and JWT India, among others.
This year, the Creative Abby Awards go beyond honouring only the Creative Directors of advertising agencies to include Direct and CRM companies, Interactive and Digital companies, Design Houses, Film Producers and Directors, Commercial Photographers, Radio Production Houses, Illustrators, Animators and Flash Studio Artists.
The GoaFest Committee has taken into consideration the feedback given by last year’s jury chairpersons for some new developments this year. These include:
1. Expansion of the Digital categories to mirror the rapid advancements in this field. New sub-categories like Branded Content, Online Video, Rich Media, Websites by type-of-product, Use of Social Media, WAP sites, Applications for Mobile, Games, and Integrated Experience of New Media have been added.
2. Extension of Indirect Marketing and Direct Response categories to Print, TV, and Radio.
3. Expansion of Design categories to include Retail Design and Use of Typography.
4. Expansion of the Print Craft category to include Copywriting and Art Direction sub-categories.
5. The Film Craft category now includes Production Design.
Here for the Creative Abbys shortlists in each category: