Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Advertising >> Article

Exclusive: Sun Direct appoints Mindshare Chennai as its media AoR

26-August-2008
Font Size   16
Share
Exclusive: Sun Direct appoints Mindshare Chennai as its media AoR

Close on the heels of entrusting its creative duties to McCann Erickson Chennai, Sun Direct has appointed Mindshare Chennai as its media AoR to handle its media buying and planning activities following a multi-agency pitch. The total ad spend has been pegged at Rs 120 crore. Sun Direct is the 80:20 DTH joint venture between the Kalanidhi Maran family and Malaysia’s Astro Group.

Reacting to the win, Kavitha Srinivasan, Business Director, MindShare Chennai, said, “We are delighted with this win. It is a big win for us as it came amidst tough competition. I feel that the client liked our service and the 360-degree integrated marketing solution we had presented.”

Srinivasan informed that 60 per cent of the Rs 120-crore budget would go to mainline advertising, while the remaining 40 per cent would go to other BTL activities. exchange4media had earlier reported that Sun Direct would begin its operations in Assam, Orissa and West Bengal in the next 45 days, which would be followed by a pan-India rollout. “The idea is to launch pan-India step by step after launching in the North East,” she added.

Srinivasan affirmed that Mindshare Chennai was well equipped to service the business. “We have sufficient manpower and infrastructure to handle this business,” she maintained. The launch campaign of Sun Direct will primarily be driven by print, television and outdoor.

Speaking on the marketing strategy of Sun Direct, Tony D’Silva, COO, Sun Direct, said that they would replicate the marketing strategy adopted in the South in other places too. “It would be a value proposition, where we basically believe that there is a large chunk of people in every market who enjoy regional content. And, therefore, we will be positioning our packages for people who enjoy regional content alone and for people who enjoy regional plus Hindi GECs. We will have a mix of packages depending on the different segment of people we want to attract,” D’Silva further said. For the record, Mindshare Chennai already handles Sun Group’s Tamil daily Dinakaran and the FM radio brand SFM.

Also read:

McCann Erickson clinches Rs 120-crore Sun Direct business

Tags

We speak to Punit Misra, CEO, ZEEL, Domestic Broadcast Business, on Zee TV’s new look, its aim and the shaping up of domestic business

This exercise will take the channel to the next level: Siju Prabhakaran, Cluster Head – South Business, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited

With Shikhar Dhawan as their brand ambassador, a partnership with NBA and FIFA and a Rs.10 crore marketing budget, this sporty start-up is moving strength to strength.

In an interaction with exchange4media, Sinha, the Country Head at Epsilon shared insights on the growth of Epsilon, integration of Artificial Intelligence and the future of other conventional mediums of marketing

The new brand philosophy to go live on 15th October 2017 during the telecast of Zee Rishtey Awards

The rateOOHmeter platform is based on field data of the OOH campaign universe with information on more than 400 brands, 1600 cities, over 3,000 campaigns and around 85,000 OOH inventory across formats...

This exercise will take the channel to the next level: Siju Prabhakaran, Cluster Head – South Business, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited