BBH recently released its latest campaign for Channel V India. The campaign supersedes Channel V’s latest rebranding initiative to become a 24 hour all music channel.
To highlight the Channel’s distinctive proposition, BBH India came up with the risqué positioning – ‘Channel V The Shallowest Place on TV’.
Speaking about the campaign, Russell Barrett, Managing Partner and Chief Creative Officer at BBH India said, “Channel V said they were going back to their fairly irreverent roots. They were going back to being a music channel, but a music channel with a point of view. They would only play great looking videos. Have a great song but a shitty video? So sorry try the next channel please. We all thought that was such a refreshing thing to say. The creative team, Sapna and Yohan pushed that promise a little laterally and came up with 'The shallowest place on TV'. That is such a rich, extendable thought and now we only had one more thing to do; have a blast cracking ideas. We wanted people to say damn, did they just say that? There aren't many brands in the world that can do that, but Channel V can.”
Arvind Krishnan, Managing Director, BBH India added, “Good music that looks good is a great proposition. Add a touch of irreverence to that and you get the shallowest place on TV. We had great fun collaborating with the folks at Channel V. The work is a reflection of that fun we had.”
With Indian Youth being the main target, the launch marketing campaign will include a 360-degree approach. It will encompass TVCs, DTH and digital.
· Agency – BBH
· CCO and Managing Partner - Russell Barrett
· Managing Director – Arvind Krishnan
· Creative Director - Sapna Ahluwalia
· Copywriters - Yohan Daver, Sean De Jervis Sequeira
· Art Directors - Sapna Ahluwalia, Rebecca Daniel
· Head of Production – Khvafar Vakharia
· Executive Producer – Reema Asrani
· Sr. Business Partner – Rajat Pandey
· Business Partner – Nabanita Chatterjee
· Director – Piyush Raghani (Like Minded People)
· DOP - Tanay Satam
· Executive Producer - Ruchi Shah
You can watch the ad campaign here: