Top Story

e4m_logo.png

Home >> Advertising >> Article

Aviva joins hands with McDonald’s for its ‘Tension Chhodo, Cricket Khelo’ campaign with Sachin

22-July-2008
Font Size   16
Share
Aviva joins hands with McDonald’s for its ‘Tension Chhodo, Cricket Khelo’ campaign with Sachin

Aviva Life Insurance, which had launched its ‘Tension Chhodo Cricket Khelo’ campaign featuring Sachin Tendulkar, has now roped in McDonald’s to further popularise the initiative. The activation campaign, conceptualised by Publicis, would culminate in September with 15 dad-kid duos playing cricket with Tendulkar and his son.

The ‘Tension Chhodo Cricket Khelo’ campaign is based on the insight that parents these days are so occupied in securing their child’s future that they miss out on enjoying their childhood today.

One of the ways to participate would be to fill in a contest form available free of cost with a Happy Meal at most McDonald’s outlets. In addition to the big prize, 250 customers can also win beach cricket kits every week.

A TVC highlighting this campaign has been on air for some time now on major channels. The ad shows Tendulkar playing cricket with some kids. He then starts hitting the ball that crashes through windows of different offices where the fathers of the kids are at work. On seeing the ball, the fathers come out to play with their children. But there are a still a few kids who’s fathers are still at work and unable to play with them. Tendulkar then asks all parents to opt for Aviva Child Plans to secure their kids’ future so that they can ‘Tension Chhodo Cricket Khelo’.

Pooja Malhotra, Associate Vice President, Publicis India, said, “This campaign uses an insight that most fathers would empathise with. In their struggle for securing their children’s future, they miss out on enjoying with them today. And a manifestation of this insight is the activation idea ‘Tension Chhodo Cricket Khelo’, where father and kids could get a chance to play with Sachin Tendulkar and his son. It is a unique activation idea that hasn’t really been attempted by anyone in the category and is sure to break the clutter for Aviva.”

Vishal Gupta, Associate Director, Marketing, Aviva, said, “The strategic tie-up with McDonald’s Happy Meals will help us reach out to our target audiences of young, parents in a sharply focused manner. In addition, we have also launched an exclusive website for this campaign where people can log on to participate.”

Aviva Life Insurance is a joint venture between Dabur and Aviva. Current paid up capital amounts to Rs 1,004.3 crore. Dabur holds a 74 per cent stake in the company, while Aviva holds the remaining 26 per cent. Aviva Plc is the UK’s largest insurance group and the world’s oldest insurance group, with a history dating way back to 1696.

Tags

Our typical marketing budget is usually 10 per cent of the topline spend

There are some forces impacting the way our business works. The IT/ITeS sector has changed tremendously. Platforms like Twitter have made everyone journalists. Smartphones have made everyone a photographer. The trend that we are seeing is one of hyperdigitalization, which is causing the lines between product and services to blur. For example, <a href=http://www.exchange4media.com/company/news/amaz...

The OOH sector is among the fastest growing, globally. Brands and marketers have realized its potential and impact and begun to craft medium-specific adverts. Self-regulation is not only necessary but also essential to growth of the sector. The industry needs to exercise a certain level of this self-restraint to prove its commitment to maintaining the best standards in advertising.

<b>Clients are looking for experiential solutions beyond radio or print: Abraham Thomas, Radio City 91.1 FM</b><br><br> From entering new markets to launching large format events, Radio City 91.1FM has been on a roll. The radio channel recently announced the launch of India’s biggest singing talent hunt-Radio City Super Singer Season 8. Earlier this year, the channel set up its own creative-cum...

Under the watchful eye of Walt Disney, Bindass undergoes brand repackaging with a fresh new show ‘Dil Buffering’ simulcast across its linear and social media platforms on September 29 and will launch...

Apart from the mandate for the first project which is the Ashiana Town in Bhiwadi, Tomorrow and InterTwined will deliver brand solutions across film, print, radio, outdoor and activation besides provi...

Despite advertising picking up after a slow Q1, regional FM players still feel that the lingering effect of GST, RERA, demonetisation will still make its impact felt during the upcoming festive quarte...