Six entries from India have been shortlisted for the Festival of Media awards, which will be held in Singapore. The Awards, which recognises the best in the field of media thinking and communication in Asia, has seen the participation of over 200 brands, across 400 entries and over 16 countries this year.
The six shortlisted entries from India are across five categories:
1. Best use of Emerging Technology – Maruti SX4 – LMG
2. Best Targeted Campaign – Nokia Youth Connect – Maxus
3. Best use of Emerging Technology – Breaking Language Barrier, Idea – Mindshare
4. Best Entertainment Platform – Coke Studio – Lodestar UM
5. Best Communication Strategy – Stop PMS , Gillette – Mediacom
6. Change the Game – Pepsi – Mindshare
The Awards will be presented on November 15, 2011 at Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore.
Judges for this event include: Rahul Welde Vice President, Media - Asia, Africa, Middle East, Turkey and Russia, Unilever; Sudha Natrajan, Seputy CEO, Lintas Media Group; R Gowthaman, Leader South Asia, Mindshare, apart from many eminent juries from the media fraternity in Asia.
Commenting on the entries from India, Sudha Natrajan said that this was a reflection of the good work that was being done in the Indian media space and was a positive sign of how brands were using innovative ways to connect with consumers.