Dainik Bhaskar
Colors
television
Writer: Shree Lahiri - Friday, Jan 20,2012 9:40 AM

India News channel launches in UP, Uttarakhand

India News channel launches in UP, Uttarakhand

India News Group has launched its India News channel in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand on January 18, 2012. Confirming this, Rakesh Sharma, CEO, India News Group, said, “We want to have a presence in the entire Hindi speaking markets of the country. Now, soon we will be able to cover this entire market.”

Sharma further said, “Our USP is that we are fearless and yet credible.”

Formed in 2008, India News Group has been steadily increasing its channel offering. The group launched India News Haryana in September 2009. In October 2010, the group launched India News Bihar and India News Jharkhand channels. In April 2011 India News Jharkhand was launched, while in October 2011 India News Punjab went on air. Further spreading its reach, the group plans to launch its news channels in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in March 2012. “This will complete our channel bouquet in state in the Hindi Speaking Market (HSM),” Sharma added.

About the revenue model, he said, “We are expecting good revenues from retail, corporate and government ads.”

With the Assembly elections round the corner, the group has a strict policy of not accepting any political ads during election time. Sharma reiterated, “We want to establish our channels as honest, trustworthy and credible. The question of paid news does not arise on our channels.”

“We are following the guidelines given by the Election Commission and Press Council of India. So, in this way, we are able to provide unbiased, credible reportage for the viewers,” he added.

Regarding content strategy, he said, “The main focus will be on news, with 70 per cent regional and remaining 30 per cent national news.” Since it was election time, there would be a lot of election-related programmes, primetime debates and analyses, he added.

Sounding upbeat about the future, Sharma exclaimed, “The will be an India News channel for each state of India.”

Write A Comment
comment
Showing comments


Today's other headlines